Please see our home page for updates on changes to classes and worship schedule.
christian formation for adults
July Book Study: Challenging Ourselves on Racial Assumptions
Hunt and Kelly, in their roles as the clergy leadership of our church, invite you to read and discuss White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Race by Robin DiAngelo with members of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church and beyond. All are welcome to challenge themselves on their racial assumptions and learn in a small group environment. We will only use Zoom online conferencing software and not meet in person. Please buy the book now on your own and begin reading using the Beacon Press Reading Guide. We encourage the purchase of books from local booksellers like The Book Lady or E. Shaver Bookseller in Savannah.
Advance signups will help us to plan. Please sign up using this link.
Read guidelines for July Book Study, here.
Reading & Discussion Plan:
(***Buy the book on your own and begin reading, using the Beacon Press Reading Guide for Personal Journaling & Reflection.)
• July 7 from 12:30 - 2 PM: Discuss the Foreword through Chapter 3
• July 14 from 12:30 - 2 PM: Discuss Chapter 4 through Chapter 7
• July 21 from 12:30 - 2 PM: Discuss Chapter 8 through Chapter 11
• July 28 from 12:30 - 2 PM: Discuss Chapter 12 (to the end) and Personal Reflection on This Study
For more info:
• Click here on a computer or smartphone to access the Zoom app (download required).
(*You will need to download or update the Zoom App before using it.)
• Dial 1 646 876 9923 on any phone and input Meeting ID: 941 1470 8220. (No download required)
ADULT FORUM SERIES | September - May
Sundays at 11:30 am: Discussions and presentations led by clergy, parishioners & special guests on a variety of faith-related topics. DON'T MISS A SINGLE FORUM--check the schedule!
This book group meets once a month in St. Peter's Parlor for discussion as they seek the Christian themes inherent in each work; they meet a second time each month, often in someone’s home, for fellowship.
Call Cindy Howell at 912.598.1785 for more information.